• Page:

TOPIC:

Slow day Apr 16, 2015 9:40 pm #1045

• Birddogs
  • Birddogs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 52
Headed out this evening out of Pastrick around 4 pm. Hoping to get into some of those big perch I've heard about. Picked one up right away off Gary Light in 47' FOW and thought it was on. Not another nibble for 2 hours. Moved around quite a bit but no more luck. Ended up trolling for a while around Buffington and went 0 for 2. Had a small coho shake off right before the net. Oh well, slow day fishing beats a good day doing just about anything else.
2006 Lund Sport Angler 2000
“Dutch Mafia”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Slow day Apr 16, 2015 11:26 pm #1047

• Poorboy
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Almost all of the fatties I caught the other day had loose roe and it was all over the boat and only 1 milting male out of the 15. Hard to say if it's the beginning or the end due to the lack of fish I have been marking along with everyone else I talked to. Really don't think it's the end because when the end is near all of the smaller males will move in. I'm going back out in the morning but will be staying away from the group and I will find my own fish unless the group finds me....lol! Not sure what going on with the perch if the water is still a little cold 45* but there's not many around from what I've seen ....

Poorboy
I am thee Original Perch King ......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: