Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

04/19 MC All-Day Troll-a-thon Apr 20, 2015 7:54 am #1124

• theROO
  • theROO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19
Put in at Trail Creek around 7am, and we were the only truck in the parking lot. Set lines right at the lighthouse, and started an east troll into 40-50 FOW. Trolled east for a few miles and ended up hooking up with a nice chinhook, which hit a Kevorkian on a downrigger that was down 32 and back 15. Made a turn after resetting and worked back west through the same waters with no luck. Decided to move in and work the 8-15 FOW area to see if there was a shallow bite. Here's a first for me: picked up a laker in 5 FOW! LOL The laker wasn't huge, but will be a good eater (probably around 28"). Continued to work that back toward the MC lighthouse, and once we passed the lighthouse, moved out to 30-40FOW. Continued on a west troll, focusing mainly on the 20-35FOW area, and found that we were having more success working in and out as opposed to just working west. So, we zigzagged in and out of 20-35FOW. Long day trolling, fishing from 7am til 7pm, and ended up going 9 for 12, with one king, one laker, and 5 coho. Within that 12, the 7 keepers, 2 juvenile coho, and 3 shake-offs. Other than the king and the laker coming on spoons, the rest of the haul was taken on usual suspects on boards: red thinfish, an orange and a blue jointed J-9 and a perch-colored jointed Rapala. Dipseys, dodgers and flies and 5 color lead were unproductive. It was rough in the morning, but the lake laid down and was pretty nice in the afternoon, despite the soaking rain (good thing I've got good rain gear, and a hard-top on my boat!) It was a grind, but it felt great to be out on the lake all day long. Only saw three other boats all day long. Hope everyone that got out on Sunday had a good day!

Pictured is my brother, Kevin, with the chinhook we started our day off with!
17' Bass Tracker - The little Tracker that could!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dogsbestfriend

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04/19 MC All-Day Troll-a-thon Apr 20, 2015 8:12 am #1126

• dogsbestfriend
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 537
You deserved a king for fighting the quirky waves and wind out there!
Made one pass from inside breakwall to rock pile before a couple of crew were regurgitating breakfast. Did snag one coho and one brown trout before going in.

04/19 MC All-Day Troll-a-thon Apr 20, 2015 8:22 am #1128

• bob
  • Thank you received: 742
Good job ROO. Nice looking fish!!
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: theROO

04/19 MC All-Day Troll-a-thon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 am #1130

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1728
Great king - looks like a wild one. Make sure you add it to the king stocked vs. wild poll if you havent already :)
Boatless!

04/19 MC All-Day Troll-a-thon Apr 20, 2015 8:55 am #1131

• theROO
  • theROO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19

Great king - looks like a wild one. Make sure you add it to the king stocked vs. wild poll if you havent already :)

just tallied a vote for "wild"! great idea on the statistics for those kings. i'll continue to vote as i get out and catch 'em.
17' Bass Tracker - The little Tracker that could!

04/19 MC All-Day Troll-a-thon Apr 20, 2015 8:56 am #1132

• Dirty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1728
hopefully that will be many across the season!!
Boatless!
The following user(s) said Thank You: theROO

• Page: