• Page:

TOPIC:

What's going on??? May 04, 2015 5:49 pm #1315

• southshore
  • southshore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 473
Lots of reports of guys struggling over the weekend. What do you guys think about the fishing over the last week or so? No fish out there? They all moved North already? Full moon? I personally can't believe that the fish would all vacate the area with temps ideal and bait fish just showing up in good numbers. I think the fish are just pretty well fed right now and really scattered. All the bait I saw on the two days I was out was in the bottom half of the water column. I never came across anything suspended and only marked a few "hooks" in the vicinity of the bait. At the present time, and local area, it seems like the baitfish/predator ratio is making for tougher fishing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What's going on??? May 04, 2015 7:19 pm #1316

• bob
  • Thank you received: 742
It sure seems like when the bait showed up, the fishing slowed down. That doesn't make a lot of sense, but maybe there is so much bait it is just tough fishing on some days. The area I was working Saturday was full of bait. They were in the bottom half of the water column.
Sea Ray 290 Amberjack
Kelliann 4

What's going on??? May 04, 2015 7:24 pm #1317

• reel fun
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 215
I didn't see that much bait in Mich city...and there isn't any fish there either. It's the same story up to new buffalo and saint Joe also.

• Page: