• Page:

TOPIC:

Good Lake Erie Walleye Adventure Jun 15, 2024 12:28 pm #39694

• Steelie Don
  • Steelie Don's Avatar Topic Author
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Travel Ambasador
  • Thank you received: 527
Just got back from another trip to the western basin of Erie and all in all was a good time and trip. We had of course wind and wave issues but we managed to deal with them and kept the boat in the water. The big problem was the fish were north of  West Sister Island a good way and was a long bumpy ride either coming or going. The last morning of the trip, Thursday, we found the fish closer to the shore near the “L” can. We burned some fuel using my main engine to over come the wind and waves. Still the wind would change and we got some easy trolling in after getting slapped around for a while.
The standard Bandits and #9 Down Deep Tail Dancers caught fish. But the biggest producers were Stinger Scorpion spoons being dragged around by large dipsies or by jet divers. Patterns NASCAR, raspberry dolphin uv, Bite Me Elmo uv, and uv watermelon. 4 or 5 foot leads off the divers.We brought home a bunch. Sheepdog Rick had the hot hand this trip with a 25” and a 27” long magnum walleyes. Myself got lucky and brought in a nice small mouth bass that I swore was a sheep and was begging it to get off. It switched to “ don’t get off” once I got a good look at it. That came on a tail dancer. This would be the last trip there for the year. Looking forward to the trips next season. A few pics to share.

My Searunner 190, "Four "D's" and a "C". Retirement money well spent.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmik34, Sundevil, Wallin, Wildkat Tim, edac, slack57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Steelie Don.
  • Page: